- Hook: Long-shank #8-10 with small gold bead
- Thread: Fluorescent green
- Tail: Olive marabou
- Body: Olive ostrich herl trimmed top and bottom
- Rib: Fine silver wire
- Hackle: Grey partridge
- Head: Fluorescent green tying thread
- Put the bead onto the hook and secure it with turns of thread.
- Run the thread down the hook with touching turns.
- Tie in a buch of marabou.
- Tie in the silver wire for the rib followed by the ostrich herl.
- Take the thread up the hook, then wind in the ostrich her to make a body and tie off.
- Wind in the rib with the opposite rotation to the herl and tie off.
- Trim off the herl along the top and bottom.
- Tie in the partridge feather make a collar hackle with two or three turns.
- Make a head, whip finish and varnish.
Fish this fly with an intermediate line and use long pulls to retrieve it. The pattern is also suitable for river fishing.